Friends are an important part of life. You can consider yourself fortunate if you have great friends. Supportive friends help us through difficult times and support and celebrate us during good times. Repeating affirmations for friends is a great way to show emotional support and encouragement for close friends who help you through this thing called life.
If you have at least one good friend, be appreciative of that. Good friends are hard to come by. Be thankful that you have positive people in your life and appreciate the good times that you have with your friends. Repeating words of affirmation about your friendship on a regular basis is a great way to express gratitude for your friends and create a positive vibe that will help nurture your friendship.
This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website at no extra cost to you.
What qualities should a friend have?
When you have a dear friend, especially one you’ve had for a long time, it can be easy to forget the qualities that attracted you to her (or him) in the first place. Nonetheless, there are certain characteristics that a friend should possess. If you have lots of friends, they probably all have different qualities, but they likely have one or more of the following qualities:
- similar interests
- show up during difficult times
- good listener
We tend to favor friends who are like-minded people. And though it’s difficult to find people who possess all of these characteristics, a person you call “friend” should at least have a few of these. Of course, there are other qualities that you may value in a friend that aren’t on this list. And that’s okay. You get to decide which qualities are most important to you.
Why are friendships important?
Life is tough. And even though we’d like to believe that we are tough enough to get through life alone, the truth is we need friends. We need friends to help us through the hard times in life and to help us celebrate the good things in life. We need amazing people in our corner to love us, support us, encourage us, and motivate us.
If you think about either the best or worst times in your life, I bet your closest friends were there. Our lives are better when we have the right people in our social circle. Friends can have a positive impact on our physical and mental well-being. They provide us with the love and emotional support we need to better people.
Very Well Mind lists six additional benefits of friendship that support the importance of having strong relationships and a great inner circle.
What is an affirmation?
An affirmation is a short sentence comprised of powerful words aimed to motivate you and push you to your full potential. Affirmations keep you from self-sabotaging and they also help to combat negative thoughts.
Affirmations are usually short and they are usually directed at yourself. They are assertive statements that confirm something to be true.
Oftentimes, you’re left feeling more empowered after repeating statements of affirmation.
Get these affirmation cards if you want to get started using affirmations immediately.
Why are affirmations important for friendships?
Since affirmations are usually very positive, it makes sense to use affirmations in regard to positive friendships. Speaking positive statements about your circle of friends is a great way to show appreciation for your friend. It also helps you to stay in the right mindset when it comes to friendships.
Positive friendship affirmations promote strong friendships and encourage meaningful relationships.
What are some examples of positive affirmations that encourage healthy relationships?
Here are some daily affirmations that you can use to promote positive relationships with your friends:
- I feel safe with my friends.
- I can be myself when I’m with my friends.
- My friends bring me joy.
- I am at peace when I’m with my friends.
- My friends help me through tough situations.
- My friends accept me for who I am.
- My friends and I support each other.
- My friends and I love each other unconditionally.
- My friends and I encourage each other.
- My friends are trustworthy.
- I am comfortable with my friends.
- My friends are beautiful people inside and out.
- My friends respect my boundaries.
- My friends are imperfect, but I am too.
- I am thankful for my friends.
- I believe in my friends.
- My friends believe in me.
- I have deep connections with my friends.
- I am open to meeting new people.
- I am thankful for my loyal friend.
- My best friend has a positive attitude.
- I am thankful for my wonderful friends.
- I enjoy social situations with my friends.
- My friends are good people.
- I am at my best when I’m in my friend circle.
- My friends make getting through tough times easier.
- I feel positive energy when I’m with my friends.
- My social life is fun because of my friends.
- My friends make me feel worthy of love.
- I’m a better person when I’m surrounded by my friends.
- I am the kind of friend that I am because of my friends.
- My friends make me want to be a better friend.
- My friends are beautiful souls.
- My friends have accomplished great things.
- I am open to new friendships.
- I am a loyal friend.
- My friends are an important part of my life.
- I am capable of making good friends.
- I choose to dedicate my time to my friendships.
- I am surrounded by supportive people.
- I am a supportive friend.
- I enjoy quality time with my friends.
- My friends and I have healthy boundaries.
- My friends are a source of happiness for me.
- I am worthy of loving friends.
- I enjoy spending time with my friends.
- I am thankful my friends are in my life.
- I value my friends.
- I am committed to being a great friend.
- My friends enjoy my company.
- I get along well with my friends.
- I exude confidence when I am with my friends.
- I look up to my friends.
- I am friends with beautiful people.
- I am proud of my friends.
- I love spending time with my friends.
- My friends amaze me.
- My friends and I rely on each other.
- I attract friendly people.
- I can be my authentic self when I’m with my friends.
- My friends motivate me to be a better person.
- I support my friends in all that they do.
- I am a good listener to my friends.
- I deserve to have meaningful relationships.
- I have no fear of judgment when I’m with my friends.
- I attract people who like me for me.
- I keep an open mind when I’m with my friends.
- I am a good friend and my friends are lucky to have me.
These are just a few examples of affirmations for friends. You can use these affirmations or you can create your own. The important thing to remember is that the purpose of friendship affirmations is to use statements that encourage positive thoughts. Your goal is to foster meaningful friendships and to reflect on the true friendships that you value so much.
How do I know which affirmations to use?
There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to using affirmations. You can choose affirmations from a list like the one above or you can create your own positive statements. I’m sure you have some great ideas.
If you don’t, focus on the meaningful connections you’ve made in life and jot down positive statements that come to mind when you reflect on your friend group. Chances are, it won’t take you long to come up with some short positive affirmations that you can use at the right time.
Affirmation gift ideas for friends
A great way to affirm a friendship and simply show your love and appreciation for your friends is an affirmation gift. Here are some ideas for gifts that will send a positive message of appreciation of your friendship.
Positive quotes about friendship
While we’re on the subject of positive friendships, I thought I’d share some of my favorite positive quotes about friendship.
“Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” ~Sarah Dessen
“The best gift anyone can give, I believe, is the gift of sharing themselves.” ~Oprah Wynfrey
“A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” ~Proverbs 27:9
“True friends are always together in spirit.” ~L.M. Montgomery
“I don’t know what I would have done so many times in life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends.” ~Reese Witherspoon
“Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” ~Misty Copeland
“A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.” ~Irish Proverb
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” ~Tennessee Williams
“Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” ~ Amy Poehler
“Everyone has a friend during each stage of life. But only lucky ones have the same friend in all stages of life.”~Unknown
“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” ~Walter Winchell
“Friends are the family you choose.”~Jess C. Scott
“In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” — Khalil Gibran
“A friend is one of the best things you can be and the greatest things you can have.” — Sarah Valdez
“Real friendship, life real poetry, is extremely rare–and precious as a pearl.”~Tahar Ben Jelloun
“The kindest way of helping yourself is to find a friend.”~Ann Kaiser Sterns
“Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” — Woodrow T. Wilson
“Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” ~Mencius
“True friends are like diamonds–bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” ~Nicole Richie
“Friendship is accepting a person with all of their qualities–good and bad.” ~Mohanlal
Final thoughts on friendship affirmations.
Life is better with friends in it. We can be the best versions of ourselves when we have meaningful connections. We can nurture long-lasting friendships and reflect on our positive tribe by using powerful affirmations.
The best positive affirmations are the ones that encourage and motivate you. They are the ones that help you to appreciate and value the best people in your life.