Parenting is a tough job that requires lots of time, energy, and dedication. Oftentimes couples get so wrapped up in taking care of the kids that they forget to focus on their relationship. How can you help? You can encourage your favorite parents to take some time for each other with these awesome date night gift ideas for parents.
Whether it’s your parents, your neighbors, or your friends, you can let them know that you see what a great job they are doing by getting them a gift. What better gift to give busy parents than one to encourage a night without the kids?
This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website at no extra cost to you.
Why do parents need a night out?
Listen. I don’t think anyone can argue that parenting is one of the hardest jobs out there. Just like with any other job, a break can be just the thing to help parents recharge and get back to being amazing.
Parents focus on their kids so much that it can be easy to overlook taking time for themselves. But, being a healthy, happy couple is important to being good parents, too.
Other reasons that parents need an occasional date night are
- To get a break from household pressures.
- To improve communication with each other.
- To focus on important issues without distractions.
- To stay connected as a couple.
What are some date night gift ideas to encourage parents to go out?
- Babysitting coupon. Most couples cite babysitting as one of the biggest obstacles in the way of date night. Offer your babysitting services so that the parents you’re gifting can go out. If babysitting isn’t your thing, maybe offer to pay for a few hours of babysitting services.
- Dinner gift certificate. A nice dinner is a great date night idea. Gift parents with a certificate to a local restaurant for a dinner sans the little ones.
- Hotel gift certificate. You might be a couple’s new best friend if you gift them with an overnight stay at a hotel.
- Wine. If the couple can’t get out, maybe they can enjoy a class of wine together after the kids go to bed.
- Robes. Send the message of self-care and relaxation with some plus, matching robes for your favorite parents. They are sure to make time to lounge around in their new robes.
- Charcuterie board. Charcuterie boards are fun to create and they are a great date night activity. You can get all the essentials for the couple to make their very own charcuterie board. Best of all, the couple can enjoy the board together when they finish.
- Movie theater tickets. Movie nights are a popular option for date nights. Most parents can really appreciate the chance to pick a grown-up movie that they can enjoy without the kiddos.
- Massage certificates. A couple’s massage is a fun date idea that parents are likely to enjoy. Massages can help relax these muscles and relieve some of the stress that parents have.
- Meal delivery. If you know that the couple will struggle to arrange babysitting, how about ordering a meal to be sent to their home?
- Conversation cards. It might sound strange, but sometimes talking to kids so much can make it a bit strange talking to adults. Use conversation starters to help you come up with conversations to have that don’t include talking about the kids.
Need more great ideas for gifts for parents who need a date night?
Here are some additional ideas for items that would make great date night gift ideas:
- Relaxing teas
- Couple’s journal
- Massage oils
- Fancy towels
- Quality bedsheets
- Fresh fruits
- Breakfast tray
- Tickets to a sporting event
- Picnic basket
- Gas card
- Coffee and mugs
- Bookstore gift cards