The holiday season is a time of giving, and what better way to show your true love that you care than with the “12 Days of Christmas” gifts? This classic holiday song has inspired a fun way to celebrate the Christmas season by giving a series of thoughtful and unique presents to that special man in your life. I’ve curated a list of 12 days of Christmas gift ideas for him that includes several small gifts (and many inexpensive gifts) that will be perfect for the guy in your life.
From the first day of Christmas to the twelfth, we’ve got a gift guide that will make the season extra special. Let’s get into it!
This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website at no extra cost to you.
What is the Significance of the 12 Days of Christmas?
The “12 Days of Christmas” tradition is a festive and joyous celebration that holds historical and religious significance. It begins on Christmas Day, December 25th, and continues for 12 consecutive days, concluding on January 5th or the eve of Epiphany, also known as Twelfth Night. The tradition has both religious and secular aspects, and its significance varies depending on cultural and regional interpretations.
What are Some Unique Gift Ideas for Men for the 12 Days of Christmas?
Let’s dive into my list of best gift ideas for men for the 12 days of Christmas, using the gifts from the notable Christmas song, “12 Days of Christmas” as a guide.
First Day of Christmas: A Partridge in a Pear Tree
While a partridge and a pear tree might not be the most practical gifts, a small pear tree sapling or a gift card to a local nursery is a perfect stocking stuffer for the man with a green thumb.
Second Day of Christmas: Two Turtle Doves
The “Two Turtle Doves” represent the idea of partnership and unity. Gift your loved one a pair of matching items like his and hers coffee mugs or a cozy set of pajamas.
Third Day of Christmas: Three French Hens
While you might not want to gift live hens, you can opt for a dozen farm-fresh eggs or a gift card to a local breakfast spot to enjoy a hearty meal together.
Fourth Day of Christmas: Four Calling Birds
Incorporate the “Four Calling Birds” by giving your loved one a set of ornaments or decorations featuring birds, such as robins or cardinals.
Fifth Day of Christmas: Five Golden Rings
While actual gold rings might be a bit extravagant, you can find golden-themed gifts. Consider a set of golden coasters, a fancy bottle opener, or a collection of his favorite craft beers or craft beer glasses.
Sixth Day of Christmas: Six Geese-a-Laying
Instead of geese, consider giving the gift of homemade cookies. Spend a day baking together or create a homemade coupon book with offers like “Bake Your Favorite Cookies” for quality time.
Seventh Day of Christmas: Seven Swans-a-Swimming
For the “Seven Swans-a-Swimming,” consider booking a special day at the spa for both of you to relax and rejuvenate together.
Eighth Day of Christmas: Eight Maids-a-Milking
Ninth Day of Christmas: Nine Ladies Dancing
Celebrate the “Nine Ladies Dancing” with tickets to a local dance performance or by creating a playlist of songs to dance to together.
Tenth Day of Christmas: Ten Lords-a-Leaping
While you may not have lords leaping around, you can gift a day filled with fun activities such as a game of golf or tickets to a sports event.
Eleventh Day of Christmas: Eleven Pipers Piping
Celebrate the “Eleven Pipers Piping” with a set of quality cigars, a craft beer sampler, or a visit to a local brewery.
Twelfth Day of Christmas: Twelve Drummers Drumming
For the “Twelve Drummers Drumming,” a musical-themed gift like a new instrument, music lessons, or tickets to a live concert can be a great choice.
An Added Bonus: A Real Deal Advent Calendar
To add a little extra love to your 12 Days of Christmas, consider putting together an advent calendar filled with small, thoughtful gifts. You can place little gifts in random places around the house for your loved one to find each day, keeping the magic of the season alive.
How Do You Set Up 12 Days of Christmas?
Setting up the “12 Days of Christmas” tradition is a fun and festive way to celebrate the holiday season. It involves giving a series of gifts to someone over 12 consecutive days, typically leading up to Christmas. Here’s how you can set up the “12 Days of Christmas”:
1. Choose Your Recipient: Decide who you’d like to surprise with the “12 Days of Christmas” gifts. It could be a family member, a friend, a romantic partner, or even a colleague for a Secret Santa exchange.
2. Determine the Start Date: Select the starting date for your 12-day countdown. Traditionally, it begins on December 25th and concludes on January 5th (the eve of Epiphany). However, you can start your countdown on any date that works for you.
3. Create a Theme: To make the tradition more enjoyable and meaningful, you can choose a theme for your gifts. For example, you could focus on “12 Days of Self-Care,” “12 Days of Romantic Surprises,” or “12 Days of Holiday Memories.” The theme will guide your gift selection.
4. Plan Your Gifts: Decide on the gifts you want to give for each of the 12 days. These gifts can range from simple and inexpensive to more elaborate, depending on your budget and the recipient’s preferences.
5. Consider Personal Preferences: Think about the recipient’s likes and interests when selecting gifts. Personalizing each gift can make the tradition more special.
6. Keep It a Secret: The “12 Days of Christmas” tradition often involves keeping the gifts a secret until each day. You can reveal the gifts in various ways, such as leaving them in a designated spot each morning, sending clues, or providing small notes.
7. Prepare Notes or Clues: If you choose to provide clues or notes, prepare them in advance. These can be simple poems, riddles, or sweet messages to go along with each gift.
8. Enjoy the Countdown: Over the 12 days, surprise your recipient with the daily gifts. Be creative and thoughtful in how you present them, making each day a memorable experience.
9. Create a Grand Finale: On the 12th day, plan a special grand finale. This could be a larger or more significant gift, or it could involve an activity or experience that ties into the theme.
10. Document the Tradition: Take photos or keep a journal to document the “12 Days of Christmas” tradition. It’s a wonderful way to look back on the special moments and gifts shared during the holiday season.
11. Consider Traditions and Rituals: You can incorporate other traditions and rituals into your 12-day celebration. For example, you might sing a verse of the “12 Days of Christmas” song each day as you reveal the gifts.
12. Have Fun and Share the Joy: The most important aspect of the “12 Days of Christmas” tradition is to have fun and share the joy of giving. It’s a time to express love and appreciation for those you care about.
Remember, the 12 Days of Christmas is all about celebrating the joy of giving and showing your loved one that you care in different ways each day. Whether it’s the first year or the last day of your tradition, these unique and thoughtful gifts will make the holiday season even more special. Merry Christmas!
What are some other inexpensive gift ideas for men?
Finding thoughtful yet budget-friendly Christmas gifts for men can be a fun challenge. Here are 50 inexpensive Christmas gift ideas that are sure to delight the men in your life:
1. Customized Coffee Mug: Personalize a coffee mug with his name or a special message.
2. Novelty Socks: Fun and quirky socks that reflect his interests.
3. Pocket-Size Toolkit: A compact toolset for quick fixes and DIY projects.
4. Gourmet Chocolate Bars: High-quality chocolate bars in unique flavors.
5. Reusable Shopping Bags: Stylish and eco-friendly shopping bags.
6. Pop Culture Keychain: A keychain featuring his favorite movie, show, or character.
7. Mini Desktop Games: Small games like a mini desktop basketball hoop or mini golf set.
8. Tech Accessories: Cable organizers, cord keepers, or a phone stand.
9. Scented Candles: Candles with his favorite scents, such as pine, vanilla, or lavender.
10. Desk Plant: A low-maintenance succulent or mini plant for his workspace.
11. Book of Quotes: A book filled with inspirational or humorous quotes.
12. Gourmet Coffee Sampler: A collection of coffee samples from different regions.
13. Reusable Water Bottle: A stylish and durable water bottle for hydration on the go.
14. Multi-Tool Pen: A pen that doubles as a multi-tool with various functions.
15. Car Air Freshener: Scented air fresheners for his car.
16. Wireless Earbuds Case: A protective and stylish case for his wireless earbuds.
17. Mini Bluetooth Speaker: A compact speaker for music on the move.
18. Outdoor Survival Kit: A small kit with essentials for outdoor adventures.
19. Shaving Kit: A grooming kit with shaving cream, aftershave, and more.
20. Cooking Spices Set: Unique spices or seasonings for culinary experiments.
21. Leather Wallet: A simple and elegant leather wallet.
22. Smartphone Stand: A stand for his phone or tablet.
23. Fun T-Shirt: A graphic T-shirt featuring his favorite hobby or interest.
24. Reusable Straw Set: Eco-friendly straws for reducing plastic waste.
25. Guitar Pick Holder: A keychain holder for guitar picks.
26. Movie Night Gift Basket: Popcorn, candy, and a classic DVD.
27. Art Prints: Affordable art prints or posters for his space.
28. Car Wash Kit: Supplies for keeping his car clean and shiny.
29. Puzzle: A jigsaw puzzle with an interesting image or theme.
30. Board Game: A classic board game or card game for game nights.
31. Coffee or Tea Subscription: A month of gourmet coffee or tea delivery.
32. Golf Balls: High-quality golf balls for his next round.
33. Digital Magazine Subscription: A subscription to his favorite digital magazine.
34. Sports Team Accessories: Team-themed items like a cap, a keychain, or a mini pennant.
35. Reusable Coffee Sleeve: A stylish sleeve for hot coffee cups.
36. Leather Bracelet: A trendy leather bracelet.
37. Handmade Soap Set: Artisanal soaps with various scents.
38. Movie Ticket Vouchers: Prepaid movie tickets for a night at the cinema.
39. Travel Journal: A compact journal for documenting trips and adventures.
40. Fitness Resistance Bands: A set of resistance bands for home workouts.
41. Wireless Charger: A convenient wireless charger for his devices.
42. Hydro Flask Stickers: Stickers to personalize his Hydro Flask or water bottle.
43. Photo Frame: A frame for his favorite picture or memory.
44. Customized Calendar: Create a personalized calendar with meaningful photos.
45. Coloring Book for Adults: A coloring book for relaxation and creativity.
46. Portable Phone Charger: A compact power bank for on-the-go charging.
47. Classic Playing Cards: A deck of premium playing cards.
48. Sports Water Bottle: A reusable and eco-friendly water bottle.
49. Reusable Coffee Filter: A stainless steel coffee filter for eco-conscious brewing.
50. Desk Organizer Set: Stylish and functional desk organizers.
Remember to consider his interests and hobbies when selecting a gift from this list. With a little thought and creativity, you can find an affordable Christmas gift that perfectly suits his preferences.
What are some tips for selecting inexpensive gifts that still feel thoughtful and meaningful?
Selecting inexpensive gifts that still feel thoughtful and meaningful requires a bit of creativity and consideration. Here are some tips to help you choose budget-friendly gifts that convey your thoughtfulness:
- Personalize the gift
- Consider their interest
- Make homemade gifts
- Give the gift of quality time
- Consider subscriptions services
- Give custom photo gifts
- Create a playlist of their favorite songs
- Gift experiences
- Shop local arts and crafts
- Make a charitable donation in their name
- Find a good book that might interest them
Remember that the thought and effort you put into the gift matter most. It’s not about the price but about the sentiment and the connection you share with the recipient.