Are you a girl who’s ready to embark on an exciting paintball adventure? Paintball is a thrilling sport that combines strategy, teamwork, and adrenaline-pumping action. As you prepare for your paintballing experience, one question that may come to mind is, “What should I wear?” Fear not, I’ve got you covered! I’m calling this my what to wear paintballing girl guide!
Here, you’ll find some essential tips and suggestions on what to wear when paintballing as a girl, ensuring that you’re both protected and stylish on the battlefield. Let’s get into it!
This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website at no extra cost to you.
What is paintball?
Before we jump into what to wear, let’s talk about what paintball is. Paintball is a competitive sport or recreational activity in which participants use paintball guns or markers to shoot small, spherical capsules filled with water-soluble dye called paintballs at each other. The objective of the game can vary depending on the specific scenario or game mode being played.
The primary goal of paintball is to eliminate opponents by marking them with paintballs. When a player is hit by a paintball, the paintball breaks upon impact, leaving a visible mark on the player’s clothing or equipment. (In other words, don’t wear your good clothes!) Once marked, players are considered “eliminated” and must exit the game area or wait for the next round to begin.
Paintball is often played in outdoor fields with natural or artificial obstacles such as trees, buildings, bunkers, or inflatable barriers that provide cover and strategic positions. These elements contribute to the tactical aspect of the game, requiring players to employ teamwork, communication, and strategic thinking to outmaneuver and outsmart their opponents.
According to Delta Force Paintball, paintball is one of the fastest-growing sports and is becoming hugely popular in America.
What to Wear Paintballing: A Guide for Girls
Are you gearing up for your first paintball game and wondering what to wear? Choosing the right clothing and protective gear is essential for a comfortable and safe paintball experience. Here is a guide to help you choose the right gear for your paintballing adventure:
1. Protective Gear: When it comes to paintball, safety should be your top priority. Always wear a paintball mask to protect your face and eyes from the impact of paintballs. Additionally, consider wearing a chest protector, elbow pads, knee pads, and neck protector for extra protection against potential hits.
2. Clothing: Opt for comfortable and durable clothing that covers your body. Long pants, such as cargo pants or tracksuit bottoms, offer good leg protection and reduce the risk of getting hit on bare skin. Long-sleeved shirts or jerseys are also recommended to protect your arms. Layering is a great option, allowing you to adjust your clothing based on the weather and paintball arena conditions.
3. Camouflage: While it’s not necessary, wearing dark or camouflage-colored clothing can provide better camouflage in outdoor paintball fields. This can make it slightly harder for opponents to spot you, giving you a tactical advantage.
4. Footwear: Choose appropriate footwear that provides good grip and ankle support. Sturdy tennis shoes or lightweight hiking boots are popular choices. Avoid open-toe shoes and opt for closed-toe options for better protection.
5. Comfortable Undergarments: Wear a sports bra for added support and comfort during high-speed movements and quick turns on the playing field. It will help minimize any discomfort or distractions while playing.
6. Hair Management: To prevent your hair from getting in your face or interfering with your vision, tie it back in a ponytail or bun. Consider wearing a baseball cap or a headband to secure your hair further.
7. Gloves: Protect your hands and enhance your grip with fingerless gloves or paintball-specific gloves. These will provide both extra protection and improved control over your paintball gun.
8. Additional Tips: Remember to bring a change of clothes for after the game, especially if you’re playing in muddy or wet conditions. Wearing old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty is also a good idea. If you’re playing in hot weather, wear moisture-wicking socks and choose lightweight, breathable fabrics to stay comfortable.
Remember, the most important thing is to prioritize safety and have fun during your paintball experience. Dressing appropriately with the right protective equipment will ensure a great time on the field. So, gather your friends, grab your gear, and get ready for an exciting and action-packed adventure in the world of paintball!
Additional tips for paintball attire for girls
If this is your first time as a paintball player, I’m sure you have lots of questions about the appropriate clothing to wear. Though your outfit is your personal preference, I’m going to share some clothing items that would make the best option to wear to the paintball arenas or fields.
Opt for Comfort and Mobility
When engaging in a dynamic and physically demanding activity like paintball, comfort and mobility should be your top priorities. Choose clothing that allows you to move freely and comfortably. Opt for breathable and lightweight materials such as moisture-wicking fabrics, as they will help keep you cool and dry throughout the game.
Wearing a baseball cap for paintball can provide some benefits like eye and forehead protection. (Note: a baseball cap only offers minimal protection.)
Layering is key in paintballing. It allows you to adjust your clothing based on the weather and the intensity of the game. Start with a moisture-wicking base layer, such as a sports bra or a fitted top, to keep you comfortable and dry. Over that, wear a long-sleeved shirt or a hoodie to provide some extra protection against paintball impacts and potential scratches from the environment.
Wear Durable Pants
For your lower body, wear durable and thick pants such as cargo pants or tactical pants. These will offer better protection against the impact of paintballs and prevent scrapes and scratches from rough terrain. Avoid wearing shorts or thin leggings, as they leave your legs exposed to potential discomfort or injury.
List of clothing suggestions that are a good option for paintball
- Long pants and long sleeves to minimize the exposure of bare skin.
- Dark colors (Dark colors reduce staining and also helps you avoid detection during a paintball game.
- Tank tops (of course with a jacket on top.
- Paintball gloves. Fingerless gloves.
- Tracksuit bottoms
- Soccer cleats or shoes with a good grip.
- Chest protectors
- Elbow protection
- Blue jeans
- Old clothes (Please don’t mess up your good outfit playing this game!)
Where can girls get paintball gear?
Girls can get paintball accessories from various places. Here are a few options:
- Paintball Specialty Stores: Look for local paintball stores or pro shops that specialize in paintball equipment. These stores often carry a wide range of paintball accessories, including masks, gloves, chest protectors, and more.
- Online Retailers: Many online retailers offer a vast selection of paintball accessories specifically designed for girls. Websites like Amazon, Paintball Online, ANSgear, and Paintball Discounters are popular choices. Browse through their catalogs to find accessories that suit your needs and preferences.
- Paintball Fields and Pro Shops: Paintball fields often have pro shops on-site that sell paintball gear and accessories. These shops may carry a variety of accessories suitable for girls, including headbands, jerseys, harnesses, and more.
- Sporting Goods Stores: Check your local sporting goods stores, as some of them carry paintball gear and accessories. While the selection may not be as extensive as dedicated paintball stores, you can still find basic items like masks, gloves, and clothing.
- Online Paintball Communities and Forums: Engage with the paintball community through online forums and social media groups. Members often buy, sell, or trade paintball gear, including accessories. You might find secondhand accessories in good condition or discover recommendations for specific products or sellers.
Remember to consider factors such as quality, fit, and customer reviews when purchasing paintball accessories. Prioritize safety and choose accessories that meet industry standards.
As a girl getting ready to conquer the paintball field, choosing the right attire is essential. Focus on comfort, mobility, and protection while expressing your personal style. Remember to wear layers, opt for durable pants, and don’t forget to protect your feet and eyes. By following these tips, you’ll be fully prepared to enjoy an exhilarating paintballing experience while looking great on the battlefield.
Now, go out there and show your opponents what you’re made of!
FAQ about what girls should wear to a paintball game
Q: What should I wear for my first paintball game?
A: For your first paintball game, it’s crucial to prioritize safety and comfort. Wear long pants, preferably cargo pants or tracksuit bottoms, and a long-sleeved shirt to protect your skin. Don’t forget to wear a paintball mask to safeguard your face and eyes from paintball impacts.
Q: Can I wear bright colors while paintballing?
A: It’s generally recommended to avoid wearing bright colors as they can make you more visible to opponents. Opt for darker or camouflage-colored clothing to blend in with the surroundings and increase your tactical advantage.
Q: Should I wear protective gear other than a mask?
A: While a paintball mask is the most essential protective gear, consider wearing additional protective equipment such as a chest protector, elbow pads, knee pads, and neck protector for enhanced safety and reduced impact.
Q: What type of shoes should I wear?
A: Choose footwear that provides good grip and ankle support. Sturdy tennis shoes or lightweight hiking boots are popular choices, offering comfort and stability on the paintball field. Avoid open-toe shoes for safety reasons.
Q: How should I manage my hair during the game?
A: It’s recommended to tie your hair back in a ponytail or bun to keep it out of your face and ensure clear vision. Wearing a baseball cap or headband can provide extra security.
Q: What should I do if I don’t want to ruin my regular clothes?
A: It’s advisable to wear old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or stained with paint. Alternatively, some paintball fields may offer coveralls or protective jumpsuits for rent to keep your personal clothes clean.
Q: Can I wear jewelry while paintballing?
A: It’s best to avoid wearing jewelry as it may interfere with your safety gear or pose a risk of getting lost or damaged during the game. Keep your accessories minimal to ensure a hassle-free experience.
Q: Do I need extra padding or protection?
A: While extra padding is not mandatory, it can provide added comfort and protection. Consider wearing padded gloves, knee pads, or elbow pads to reduce the impact of paintball hits.
Q: What should I bring for changing clothes?
A: It’s a good idea to bring a change of clothes, especially if you’ll be playing in muddy or wet conditions. Packing a bag with clean clothes, towels, and plastic bags to store your dirty gear will come in handy.
Q: Are there any specific clothing restrictions based on the time of year?
A: There are no specific clothing restrictions based on the time of year, but it’s important to consider the weather. Layering your clothing during colder months and opting for moisture-wicking fabrics in hot weather will ensure your comfort throughout the game.
Remember, always follow the safety guidelines provided by the paintball facility and consult with the staff if you have any specific questions or concerns about attire or equipment.