I’m not a chef, but the COVID-19 Quarantine of 2020 tricked me into thinking that I was! I tried so many different recipes during that extended period at home, but I also discovered some new family favorites that were a big hit. I usually shy away from baking because it takes lots of preciseness, which isn’t exactly my strong point. But, I found some sweet treats that even the most novice bakers can master. One of those treats is the Oreo pudding poke cake! It is very easy to make, yet very delicious.
This recipe caught my attention because it only uses a few ingredients: cake mix (and the stuff that goes in it), Oreos, pudding mix, and whipped topping. I also have to admit that I’m a sucker for almost anything that has Oreos in it!
Let’s hop into the super easy recipe!
Oreo Pudding Poke Cake
What you’ll need:
- Chocolate cake mix (and the ingredients needed to make the cake) Make sure to read the box because I’m sure those ingredients vary from brand to brand. It’s usually oil, eggs, and water, though.
- Instant Oreo pudding
- Milk (see pudding box for exact measurements)
- Cool Whip
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Bake the cake according to the instructions on the box
- When the cake is done, let it cool for 10 minutes
- Poke holes in the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon
- In a medium-sized bowl, make the pudding according to the instructions on the box
- Let the pudding thicken a little and then pour it over the cake, making sure to aim for the holes
- Spread the pudding over the cake using a spoon, making sure that pudding gets in all of the holes
- Spread whipped topping over the pudding mixture
- Refrigerate the cake until it cools completely (about 1 hour)
- Crush about 10 Oreo cookies using a Ziploc bag and a rolling pin (more or less, depending on your taste)
- After the cake is cooled and before serving the cake, sprinkle the crushed Oreos over the cake.
- Slice and serve
- Store any uneaten cake in the refrigerator