I have been in a classroom since I was four years old.
I’m an educator by profession so I’m in a classroom more than I’m at home. I’ve learned so much in those classrooms over the years. However, I must say that a great deal of my learning has occurred while living in this gigantic classroom called life. My grandmother wasn’t kidding when she would say things to me like, “Keep living,” which I now know translated to “life’ll teach you.” There are things in life that no matter what you read in books or hear from teachers you’ll never learn until you experience them for yourself.
Today, I’m sharing a list of things that I’ve learned simply by living. I’ll call this list, 10 Things I Know For Sure. I suspect that this list will evolve as I continue to live and learn.
1. Rarely do people remember when you do something good; but they NEVER forget when you do something bad.
2. Family is not just limited to those in the bloodline.
3. Misery really does love company.
4. If you want something to be a secret, you can’t tell anybody.
5. No matter how hard you try, you will never make everyone happy.
6. It really does not matter what other people think about you.
7. Never regret anything. If something turns out badly, use it as a learning experience.
8. Always listen to your elders. They have been where you are trying to go.
9. If you have to try hard to fit in, that might not be the place where you belong.
10. What goes around, comes around.
Bonus: If you’re the smartest person in the room, change rooms.
Life is the best teacher I have ever had. I am so appreciative of the lessons that I have learned.
What lesson would you add to this list?
My grandmother would say that your attitude determines your attitude! She was so right. These are all good! Practical wisdom that be applied in any situation.